You know you're from Boston when:
1. You have to dial the area code to call your neighbor
2. khaki's are something you start the car with
3. You think if someone's nice to you, they either want something or
they're from out of town (and probably lost)
4. You call all the players on the Red Sox by their first name, i.e.,
Pedro, Nomar, Manny, Johnny, Jason, etc.
5. You know how to cross 4 lanes of traffic in 5 seconds
6. If you hear someone say "pahk the cah in hahvad yahd" one more time
you're going to bitch slap them upside the head.
7. Anything past Worcester is "the middle of nowhere"
8. You are amazed when traveling out of town that people who work at
McDonald's speak English.
9. You think it's not actually tailgating unless your bumper is
touching the car in front of you.
10. You know that a yellow light means at least 5 more cars can get
11. And that a red light means 2 more can.
12. You think the Yankees suck.
13. Subway is a fast food place. The transportation system is known as
the "T", and only the "T"
14. For the cost of your house, you could own a small town in Iowa.
15. There are 6 Dunkin Donuts within 20 minutes of your house.
16. You or someone in your family has a Smart Tag
17. Your car is worth less than what you spend on rent each month for
your studio apartment.
18. When people talk about the "Curse of the Bambino", you know what
they're talking about (and believe in it too)
19. You know what the blinking red light atop the Hancock tower means
in the summer.
20. You think of Rhode Island as the "deep south"
21. You believe using a turn signal "gives away your plan to the enemy"
22. If you stay on the same road long enough, it will eventually have 3
23. Someone has honked at you because you didn't peel out the second
the light turned green.
24. You've honked at someone because they didn't peel out the second
the light turned green.
25. All the potholes just add excitement to your driving experiences.
26. Stop signs mean slow down a little, but only if you feel like it.
27. 6 inches of snow is considered a "dusting"
28. 3 days of 90+ heat is definitely a "heat wave" and 63 degree
weather is "wicked warm".
29. $15 to park is a bargain
30. You cringe every time you hear some actor/actress try to do "the
Boston accent" in a movie - if you don't have it, you're never gonna
get it right, even if you were born here.
31. You can go from one side of your hometown to the other in only
about 15 minutes and see at least 15 deadbeats you graduated
with ---- doing the exact same thing they were doing when the last
time you saw them!
32. Through high school you saw a lot of fist fights between
guys ------ but more between GIRLS!!
33. Your blood pressure goes way up when you hear the numbers 1918,
1967, 1975, 1978, 1986 or 2003.
34. A-Rod is now formally known as A-Hole.
35. You consider the Patriots to be a dynasty.
Click here to return to the main Stories page.